The Central, Provincial, District and Area bodies are functioning according to the specified rules and responsibilities laid out in Datur-ul-Amal. Only the area branches have been awarded the status of meditation centers, broadcast centers and development organizations. Following are the responsibilities of the branches:
- To prepare preaching/lecture schedules for Khulafa by mutual understanding.
- To arrange meditation session everyday.
- To participate in social welfare activities.
- To make membership of the Jamaat known to others/common masses.
- To collect monthly membership fees from its members.
- To maintain records of all activities.
- To ensure monthly payments are made to the District Body.
- To present performance reports to the District Bodies.
Responsibilities of the Deputies (Khulafa)
Every branch has a khalifa who is incharge of the branch. Along with the busy preaching/lecture schedule they also run organization’s regulative affairs, ensure all are following the schedules. They are also responsible for all branch activities and activities with respect to social work.
For the development of the people, along with a mechanism of preaching, madrassas and schools have been established in the different cities of Pakistan where students learn Quran by heart (Hifz) and acquire both Islamic and modern education. Special attention is given to the moral values, intellectual capabilities, health and fitness of the students.
All the members of the Jamaat voluntarily pay a monthly membership fee of PKR 10 for organization’s and welfare work. Membership fee goes into the Zakat, Sadaqa, fitrana and Qurbani fund and this fund is utilized in the best possible way according to the concerns of the jamaat’s seniors. Well-off people are also encouraged to help towards the funding.
Members of the Organization
All followers, coordinators, workers and organization members are all responsible to acquire the membership of the Jamaat.
Since the mission of the jammat is to guide the Muslim Ummah towards the right path, therefore anyone is welcome to become the coordinators. By the grace of Allah, there are thousands of coordinators who have taken oath from some other Sheikh but are working with the jamaat for the sake of Allah.
With sincere efforts of the members and especially the efforts of the president, many people have joined the Jamaat and are working day and night towards the betterment of the Muslims. It can be observed by anyone that whoever joined the Jamaat and met with the president, learned and performed Zikr-e-Qalbi, Allah Taala gave him the right path and purified his soul whether he was previously an addict, dacoit, alcoholic, thief or boorish.
After the demise of the founder of the organization, Alhaj Allah Baksh known as Sohna Saeen in 1983, his beloved son Hazrat Muhammad Tahir known as Sajjan Saeen took over the responsibility of the Jamaat at the age of 22.
Hazrat Muhammad Tahir is a great religious scholar, he is fearful of Allah swt, a great lover of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), and a follower of his Sunnah and Shariah. He is a perfectionist in living life according to Sunnah and Shariah.
Allah has blessed him with all His blessings and graciousness. He is very different from all the conventional / Rasmi peer, the concourse of people, oblation and is far away from all the politics and is always immersed in the remembrance of Allah. He is always anxious to spread the message of Islam. He is distant from all kinds of dispersions and is always giving the message of love, friendship, kindness and brotherhood. His basis of teachings is the humanity; his lectures are informative, striking and lovely. This is the reason that scholars and others from all walks of life are his followers, respect him and meet him with no hesitation or difference.
With qualities of supreme top-most moral, humbleness and gentle, he has never claimed to be a peer or sheikh. He always treats his relatives with great love and respect, does his own work, does not negate modern technology, in fact encourages the use of technology. Upon seeing him, one can visualize what the Muslims of early ages would be like and also sees a glimpse of a modern day wise and intellectual person. The basics of his teachings is based upon the two aspects of the life of our beloved prophet PBUH:
- Submission to Allah (An attachment or relationship of humbleness and slavery).
- Bond with the creations of Allah (An attachment or relationship of kindness, love and generosity).
Following are the guiding principles for the followers laid out by Hazrat Muhammad Tahir’s concern for the improvement of the Muslims:
- Associate with one’s Sheikh: There are three ways to associate with your sheikh, 1. To be with your sheikh as much as you can, 2. If that is not possible, then spend as much time as possible with his deputies ( khulafa), and 3. If both of these are not possible, then keep an account of divine blessings of Murshid-e-Karim in your heart.
- Zikr-e-Qalbi: Perform Zikr-e-Qalbi (remembrance of Allah in one`s heart) all the time in great abundance.
- Method (Tareeqa): Human heart is present on the left side of the chest under the ribs. Keep in mind all the time that with every beat in the heart, the heart is saying Allah Allah Allah, whether walking, eating or drinking etc. Since it’s a prayer performed in the heart, there is no binding of doing ablution, but it is better to do so.
- Meditation (Muraqaba): Meditate at least once every day. Brief method of meditation is following:
Close your eyes (preferably cover your face with a cloth), sit with the thought in mind that you are sitting in from of Allah. The divine blessings (faiz) of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) is coming through the hearts of the Aulia Allah into the heart of Murshid-e-Kareem Mehboob Sajjan Saeen and is transferred into your heart in the form of spiritual light (Nur). And think that my heart is glowing and remembering only Allah, every beat is doing Allah Allah Allah. Rosary with big beads is also used in meditation.
Note: Before beginning meditation it is also good to recite the following:
– Durud Sharif (1 time)
– Surah Fatiha (1 time)
– Surah Quresh (11 times)
– Surah Ikhlas (11 times)
– اِنَّ رَحْمَۃَ اللہ قَرِیْبُُ مِّنَ الْمُحْسِنِیْنْ Ayat (25 times)
– Durud Sharif (1 time)
And then pray to Allah that the blessing of all this goes to Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH), all Prophets Alehe Salam, all Companions of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), Auliya Allah.
- Preaching (Tableegh): Hazoor Nabi-e-Kareem (PBUH) said, “a good Muslim is he who likes for others what he likes for himself”. Keeping this in mind, every member of the jamaat works for the spread of the message of the Murshid. And following the guidelines given by the murshid, the followers reach the right path.
Extracts from Attahir Volume 51, June 2008 written by Rafaqat Ali Aasi Tahiri. (Translated into English)